POST-CONVICTION DEFENSE ATTORNEY IN OKLAHOMA CITY
I have worked with numerous attorneys over the past 20 years and John is one if the best! He’s very dedicated to his clients and pays great attention to every detail. If you are in need of an attorney definitely give John Cannon a call. You’ll be glad you did! – Angelia Clark
Know your Options after conviction
It is important to know your rights and retain an Oklahoma criminal defense attorney with experience fighting Post-Conviction Relief, if you have been convicted of a crime in Oklahoma. The Uniform Post-Conviction Procedure Act is the statutory basis for you to seek redress of your sentence or conviction.
Post-Conviction Relief in Oklahoma
The Oklahoma Post-Conviction Procedure Act, OKLA. STAT. tit. 22 §§ 1080 et seq. gives a criminal defendant in Oklahoma the right to attack a conviction upon a showing of one of the following criteria:
- The conviction or the sentence was in violation of the Constitution of the United States or the Constitution or laws of Oklahoma;
- The court was without jurisdiction to impose sentence;
- The sentence exceeds the maximum authorized by law;
- Evidence of a material fact, not previously presented and heard exists, which requires vacation of the conviction or sentence in the interest of justice;
- The sentence has expired, the suspended sentence, probation, parole, or conditional release was unlawfully revoked, or you are otherwise unlawfully held in custody or other restraint;
- The conviction or sentence is subject to collateral attack based upon alleged error available under any common law, statutory or other writ, motion, petition, proceeding or remedy.
Upon a person convicted of a crime in Oklahoma showing of one or more of the above criteria, he or she can challenged their conviction. However, you may not argue issues raised or justiciable in your direct appeal.
Know your Rights and Defend Them
CANNON & ASSOCIATES can assist you and ensure your rights are protected in Post-Conviction Proceedings in Oklahoma. Despite a conviction and loss on direct appeal, you may still be eligieble for relief under the Post-Conviction Procedure Act; however, you must retain counsel to assist you or risk waiving your rights.
Choose an Experienced Military Criminal Defense Lawyer
Contact CANNON & ASSOCIATES in Oklahoma City for your Post-Conviction Relief. John Cannon is a Fierce Advocate for every client and will use his experience and respected reputation to do everything possible to reach the best possible outcome in your case. John has been recognized as a Top 40 under 40 in Criminal Defense by the National Trial Lawyers Association. Additionally, he has an outstanding record of reaching the best possible outcome for hundreds of clients accused of the wide variety of criminal charges in Oklahoma, evidenced by receiving the highest possible AVVO rating – 10 (superb). Contact CANNON & ASSOCIATES today.