Frequently Asked Questions

What should I do, if arrested?

  • Be respectful and comply with law enforcement orders. You have the right to remain silent, use it. You will have the opportunity to tell your side of the case through counsel or with the advice of counsel. Anything you say may be used against you at trial or in an attempt to reach an agreement on your case. Respectfully decline any and all requests to search or test anything in your possession; however, do not obstruct a law enforcement officer. Contact Cannon Law Firm, PLLC at anytime to retain legal representation.

Will my case be dismissed?

  • It is possible to have your case dismissed; however, no attorney can make this promise without knowing the facts and circumstances of your case. Not all criminal offenses can be dismissed, contact Cannon Law Firm, PLLC to retain legal representation.

How can I resolve my case?

  • Your case can be resolved by contesting the charges brought against you. Cannon Law Firm will Fight for Your Rights, if this is the best course of action in your case. Additionally, you can reach an agreement with the prosecution and receive a sentence, which may include probation. Finally, you can present your case to a judge and ask for a specific outcome, which is called a blind plea. In a blind plea, the judge will determine the sentence in your case after hearing evidence and argument from you and the prosecution. All three of these courses of action can have serious life changing effects. It is crucial you have experienced legal counsel when evaluating these decisions.

What is probation? 

  • Probation is a delay in sentencing, called a deferred sentence or a suspension of serving your sentence, called a suspended sentence. You must be eligible for probation in order for it to be granted. Probation carries a heavy weight of terms and conditions, which should not be entered into lightly or without legal counsel. Probation affords you the opportunity to go about your life, while being required to perform certain conditions. Depending on the type of case, you case may be dismissed upon successfully completing probation.

Can I get my case taken off my record?

  • Having a criminal case removed from your record depends on a variety of factors. The two most important factors are the type of charge and the disposition of your case. Cannon Law Firm will tailor the best defense available and petition the court to destroy or seal your record.

Do you offer payment plans?

  • Yes, we offer payment plans. The legal profession is one of service. I am dedicated to serving everyone and I offer flexible payment plans. A reasonable retainer will initiate my representation in your case. Quality counsel should be accessible. I will work with your financial situation.

Can I look up the status of my case online?

The Cannon Law Firm, PLLC, can help you and your family. I will Fight for Your Rights. I can be reached by calling 1(405) 657-2323 
or through my Contact page. All initial consultations are free and confidential.


Contact Attorney John Cannon

All initial consultations are free and confidential.