Federal Crimes Criminal Defense Attorney in Oklahoma
Federal Crimes Defense Attorneys in Oklahoma City
The CANNON & ASSOCIATES works with individuals accused of criminal charges in federal, military, state, and municipal court. You need experienced and effective legal representation to Fight for Your Rights, if you have been wrongfully accused or had an instance of poor judgment.
The significance of a criminal allegation and its effects on your life, cannot be overstated. It is critical that you or your family speak to a qualified attorney today. I have been there with clients before and I can help you. Our approach to criminal defense focused service to our client and their family, especially through difficult circumstances.
Located in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, CANNON & ASSOCIATES, PLLC, provides experienced criminal defense to individuals facing felony, misdemeanor, and probation charges across the state of Oklahoma. Citizens accused stand to lose not only their freedom, but many other rights and privileges as well.
One of the most significant impacts of a criminal adjudication is its potential impact on present and future employment. CANNON & ASSOCIATES, PLLC is dedicated to Fighting for Your Rights and helping the accused and their families through one of the most challenging moments in their lives.
Criminal Cases Handled Include:
- Federal investigation and prosecution is an especially serious endeavor and it is crucial to have experienced counsel. Federal crimes often carry length sentences, which may result in federal detention far away from home and family. The Federal Bureau of Investigation, Drug Enfrocement Agency, The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, the Justice Department, the Internal Revenue Service, and other agencies conduct this investigations with vast resources. John P. Cannon has experience defending individuals in complex long-term investigations. The CANNON & ASSOCIATES handles the full range of federal criminal offenses:
White Collar Crimes
- Anti-Trust Violations, Bank Fraud, Bribery, Counterfeiting, Embezzlement, Extortion, Forgery, Health Care Fraud, Identity Theft, Mortgage Fraud, Money Laundering, Securities Fraud, Tax Evasion
- You should assert your right to not answer any questions without legal representation, if you are being investigated or have been charged.
Federal Drug Crimes
- Federal Drug Crimes are classified into five schedules based on a number of factors and include the following offenses: possession, distribution, sale, manufacturing, trafficking, and conspiracy. Federal Judges are bound to a certain extent by federal sentencing guidelines, which may include mandatory minimum sentences of incarceration. It is important to have a diligent attorney defend your rights, including: identifying and challenging search, seizure, and other constitutional issues.
Federal Violent Crimes and Sex Crimes
- Federal sex offenses and violent crimes are aggressively prosecuted by federal agencies and can potentially result in lengthy prison sentences. CANNON & ASSOCIATES is prepared to defend you in the following and other federal charges:
- Bank Robbery, Crimes against Children, Gang Violence, Homicide, Indian Country Crime, Kidnapping, Threats to Public Officials, and other charges.
- Drug crimes are taken seriously by prosecutors in Oklahoma from simply possession to complex drug trafficking and racketeering schemes.
- A large percentage of state prisoners in Oklahoma are incarcerated based on drug crimes. Facing drug charges can effect multiple aspects of your life, including your freedom, finances, family, and future.
- Drug charges carry more than a potential prison sentence; they potentially carry heavy fines, difficult probation, and a complex counseling and or treatment program. Unfortunately, the harshest punishment in drug cases is often the lasting effect on your record and career.
- A conviction may appear on background checks and make it difficult to obtain employment, loans, and professional licenses. It is essential to obtain quality legal representation from an Oklahoma drug crime defense attorney who has helped hundreds of people obtain the best possible outcome in their particular circumstance. You need an experienced attorney who will fight for you, if you have been arrested, charged, or you are being investigated.
- Drug charges in Oklahoma come in many forms and each case or and charge require a different approach. All the charges can be found in Title 63 of the Oklahoma Statutes.
- Possession Controlled Dangerous Substance
- Possession Controlled Dangerous Substance within 1000 feet of a school or park
- Possession with Intent to Distribute
- Possession Controlled Dangerous Substance Proceeds
- Trafficking Controlled Dangerous Substances
- Aggravated Trafficking Controlled Dangerous Substance
- Maintaining a Dwelling where
- Possession with the Intent to Manufacture
- Possession with Intent to Distribute Imitation Controlled Dangerous Substance
- Conspiracy to Distribute a Controlled Dangerous Substance
The Defense Attorneys at Cannon & Associates, PLLC is Here to Help Your Federal Crime Case
You are presumed innocent of your charges. You have rights, including competent counsel. I work with our clients and their families to assess the circumstances of your case and prepare the best defense available to you. Our firm independently examines all the evidence and investigates the facts and circumstances of your case to protect your rights.
The CANNON & ASSOCIATES, PLLC, helps clients with their criminal records, including expungements and protective orders, as those processes become available. I will Fight for Your Rights. I can be reached by calling 1(405) 657-2323 or through our Contact page. All initial consultations are free and confidential.
YOUR FIERCE ADVOCATES® in:
Our Client Reviews
More 5-star Reviews Than 99% Of Lawyers In Oklahoma
"John has shown nothing but compassion and professional guidance in my case. He truly cares about his clients and is exceptionally understanding when it comes to any case he is representing. He communicates genuinely as well as in a timely matter. If I were able to give his firm any more than 5 stars, I most definitely would. He is incredible."
"John Cannon is an awesome attorney. He is very professional and honest. He really cares about his clients. John always gets back to you quickly to answer any questions you have regarding your case. I highly recommend CANNON & ASSOCIATES for any legal needs you may have."
"John Cannon has helped me through the hardest time in my life. He helped me through my divorce and custody case. He truly cares about his clients and it made me so happy he always put my daughter first and wanted what was in her best interest as a child. He is very sharp and resourceful and he has been very attentive and responsive to my needs, John is very polite and professional and he always has a great attitude. John always took the time to go over everything and explain everything in depth. I've enjoyed working with John and his team and would recommend him to other clients."
"I have known John for about 6 years now in his capacity as a Judge Advocate and a civilian attorney. John has a rare blend of both sharp analytical and interpersonal skills. I have seen John achieve positive outcomes for clients in complex scenarios and If you need an attorney who can do the same for you - this is your guy."
"John did a very good job. Although the outcome was not 100% what we expected(strange judgement) it was overall positive. I would, have and will continue to recommended him. Although I certainly hope to not need his services again in the capacity I hired him for I would not hesitate to call if I do. Thanks John"
"I signed up with John June 25th, July 5th I received an email that my case is in line to be DISMISSED, within a 2 week time period John made what was one of the most stressful times in my life better! Every case is different but he handled my case with care and he was extremely open in his communication throughout the whole process. I hope to never have to have a criminal attorney again but if I do I will definitely go back to John. I highly recommend him to anyone else who is needing an attorney!"
"John is a highly respected attorney. Professional and compassionate. He has a wealth of knowledge, being a military officer and having served as an Assistant District Attorney, a Public Defender, and an Assistant Attorney General. He helped a friend's son who was headed down the wrong path, but through John's legal defense the young man is now a successful business owner."
"John is a very professional attorney, who is not only concerned about the welfare of his client but very attentive and considerate of the family, or other bodies that are in the face of the adversity. While working on my family members case, John took time out to take a class that would educate him on how to approach the many different types of cases tried in the court room. John proved his sincerity to the calling of his job, being an attorney. I would definitely recommend him to anyone."
"Mr. Cannon went above and beyond for my wife. She was facing some pretty hard fines and prison time with the US Marshalls. Mr. Cannon fought a hard fight and got her a GREAT offer. Words cannot express how much I appreciate him and what he did for my wife. I would give 10 stars and I will be promoting him. He's that awesome. He keeps you informed, he will text or call you back, and he goes above what he is asked to do and I can reassure you"HE WILL FIGHT FOR YOU OR YOUR FAMILY MEMBER". I will continue retaining him for other things my wife is battling. High five and a great big hug to Mr. Cannon. Thank you!!! John took the reigns and provided us instant peace of mind. He was timely, respectful, transparent, very professional, honest and courteous. The service he provided was above and beyond our expectations. Can’t believe professionals like him are around. Highly highly without reservations recommend him and his team."
"John Cannon is an excellent attorney. He takes sincere interest in your needs. He maintains communication and provides all the information you might want to fully understand the legal process. He also suggests alternative resolutions to your legal needs so that you can make informed choices. I definitely recommend John."
"My experience with CANNON & ASSOCIATES was absolutely amazing. I hired John Cannon two days before my rebuttal statement was due back to the Staff Judge Advocate. Within that time frame he was able to talk to my Battery and Battalion Commanders, review my evidence, and help me write a rebuttal statement that help prove my case to them, the Brigade Commander and the Post Commanding General. Cannon worked thru the night to help me get the best results for me and my family. Due to his hard work and attention to detail I am still able to continue to serve my country and progress in my military career with no adverse actions on my record. I can not thank him enough on a job well done. Cannon showed me that he was invested in my case and I highly recommend you hire him when you need someone to represent you in a legal matter."
"John Cannon assisted me through a very difficult time in my military career. He worked tirelessly with me on my case and kept me informed during the entire process. I can't say enough good things about Mr. Cannon. He's incredibly knowledgeable with regards to military justice. The outcome of my case was successful and I attribute that to Mr. Cannon's professionalism and expertise in dealing with military law. I would highly recommend Mr. Cannon to anyone with military justice or criminal defense needs."
"Hands down the best lawyer. Mr.Cannon accepted my case and got on it the same day. I would give him 10 stars if I could. I really appreciate the dedication on how he handles things with a short time frame."
"Mr. Cannon has represented me on 2 criminal cases and one civil case over the past 4 years. He has always served me honestly, speedily and with good moral direction. John has integrity and humility. He has never belittled me or treated me in an unfair manor. I appreciate all that he has done for me and I most certainly recommend him to family, strangers and friends. I will definitely use Mr. Cannon in the future for any and all of my family's legal matters."
"Mr. Cannon went above and beyond for my wife. She was facing some pretty hard fines and prison time with the US Marshalls. Mr. Cannon fought a hard fight and got her a GREAT offer. Words cannot express how much I appreciate him and what he did for my wife. I would give 10 stars and I will be promoting him. He's that awesome. He keeps you informed, he will text or call you back, and he goes above what he is asked to do and I can reassure you"HE WILL FIGHT FOR YOU OR YOUR FAMILY MEMBER". I will continue retaining him for other things my wife is battling. High five and a great big hug to Mr. Cannon. Thank you!!!"
"I had a great experience with John. He is very personable and helped me a lot. I’m really grateful I found him. He made me feel confident that he was the right lawyer for my case and that he wasn’t trying to sell me but genuinely just wanted to help me. I would highly recommend John to anyone!"
"Working with Mr. Cannon has been a real life-saving experience for me and my family. He provides the knowledge of the possibilities as soon as he can get them, then works tirelessly to ensure that any concerns or questions are addressed immediately. He has been a great asset to us not only in the face of legal troubles, but in providing a sense of security that is truly reassuring in the face of the uncertain.Mr. Cannon has been a great resource and has been very patient with me. From the start he provided a list of things to do that would help me help him with my case and since the beginning has continued to give advice or suggestions on any matter that has bothered me with my situation, large or small. He is gentle, yet realistic, and this combination really does become a rock in tumultuous times such as these.I would highly recommend Mr. Cannon to anyone who needs a vigilant and committed attorney, especially one that stands by your side until your issue is resolved. He goes above and beyond not only to work, but to care for his clients!"
"John Cannon assisted me through a very difficult time in my military career. He worked tirelessly with me on my case and kept me informed during the entire process. I can't say enough good things about Mr. Cannon. He's incredibly knowledgeable with regards to military justice. The outcome of my case was successful and I attribute that to Mr. Cannon's professionalism and expertise in dealing with military law. I highly recommend Mr. Cannon to anyone with military justice or criminal defense needs."